Category Archives: rcine

Linda Darrow to test Indian Priya Saini’s gut in One Pride bout

first_imgWomen’s flyweight champion Linda Darrow of Indonesia is set to meet her Indian opponent, Priya Saini, at the One Pride MMA bout, currently Indonesia’s largest, in Jakarta on March 21, after a 22-month hiatus.The event will be Linda’s third international fight. In her last bout, she knocked out Rocel Catalan of the Philippines. Linda, who holds six flawless wins and no single loss, was given the rare opportunity to train at the UFC MMA Performance Institute in the United States. While Priya just started her MMA career last year, she has earned a reputation as being the “knock out” queen after booking an impressive record with KO victories in three fights.In another arena, atom class champ Ade Permana will defend his title for a second time against Lipin Sitorus. Lipin, who bounced back after losing to Pipit Priyatin, has pocketed three victories to date. Topics :last_img read more

Trump says will resume travelling next week

first_imgTopics : He added that he will visit Ohio, one of the key swing states in the November presidential election, “very soon.”The Arizona trip is focused on the economic recovery effort and is not a campaign rally, “because it’s too soon” for crowded events in stadiums, Trump explained.But the Republican — facing a tight re-election battle against Democratic challenger Joe Biden and burdened by dire approval ratings — made clear he wants to get back to his once frequent rallies as soon as possible.”Hopefully in the not too distant future we’ll have some massive rallies and people will be sitting next to each other,” he said. “I can’t imagine a rally where you have every fourth seat full…. That wouldn’t look too good,” he added.”I hope that we’re going to be able to do some good old-fashioned 25,000 person rallies where everyone’s going wild because they love our country.”At a meeting with industry leaders, Trump sounded an upbeat message, insisting that the US economy will quickly bounce back from the staggering costs of the shutdown required to stop the spreading novel coronavirus.Despite some experts’ warnings that widespread social distancing will have to remain in effect until a vaccine is made, Trump predicted that the danger would fade by itself and said that the United States was equipped to extinguish any “embers.””We’re looking for vaccines, we’re looking for therapeutics also,” he said. “I’m not relying on that [vaccines], I hope that’s going to happen.”  “I want to get back [to a full economy] with or without [a vaccine], but obviously we have to wait till it’s gone. It will be gone,” he said.Asked how the virus would be eradicated without a vaccine, which is not expected to be available soon, Trump responded:”It’s going to go. It’s going to leave, it’s going to be gone, it’s going to be eradicated.”center_img US President Donald Trump said Wednesday he’ll resume flying around the country from next week and looks forward to holding “wild” campaign rallies as soon as he can.Trump told reporters in the White House that he is “going to Arizona next week and we look forward to that.”This will be his first cross-country trip since the coronavirus pandemic shut down much of the United States.last_img read more

Lobbyists to seek charity status

first_imgRadio NZ News 7 August 2014Non-profit groups originally denied charity status for being too political plan to re-apply after the Supreme Court ruled political activity should not make a difference. The ruling was a victory for Greenpeace, which fought through the courts for five years to regain the right to be considered a charity. Organisations with charitable status do not pay income tax, can apply for different grants, and their donors are eligible for rebates.Lobby group Family First said it was de-registered because of its lobbying against the Marriage Equality bill. The national director, Bob McCoskrie, said they were waiting on an appeal against that decision to go to the High Court. He said after the ruling, they told their lawyers to ask for the case to be dropped, or to speed up the process. “It’s dragged on for a while now. It’s been totally unneccessary, and this case has really set a good precedent,” he said.The Sensible Sentencing Trust also intends to reapply as a charity, after it was deregistered for being too political. Trust spokesperson Ruth Money said their temporary solution was to split the organisation – one side a charity working with victims, and the other a trust lobbying for law change.http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/251548/lobbyists-to-seek-charity-statusAUDIO: http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/remote-player?id=20144750last_img read more

Brexit, now Trump – what have we learnt

first_imgWhat have we learnt from #brexit and now #presidenttrump ??* media are becoming increasingly irrelevant – especially because of blatant bias, but they’re out of touch* social media makes lots of noise but doesn’t reflect reality* Twitter is increasingly irrelevant* there is an increasing silent majority who are rising up 4 important lessons learnt this week.last_img

United already formidable – Moyes

first_imgDavid Moyes is adamant Manchester United will be a major force this season even if he does not make the additions he is looking for. United’s pursuit of Cesc Fabregas appears to have stalled, meaning they will head back to England at their end of their five-match tour of the Far East and Australia without strengthening as so many anticipated. Links to Everton duo Leighton Baines and Maroune Fellaini continue to be made, and having already stated he needs more bodies in midfield the latter man in particular seems certain to be of interest. Yet Sir Bobby Charlton is confident Rooney will remain where he is beyond the September 2 transfer deadline and could still get the 52 goals he needs to match his own club scoring record. “Wayne Rooney is a Manchester United player and I think that he will continue to be a Manchester United player,” said Charlton, who was speaking during a visit to the Laureus-supported Operation Breakthrough project. “We are not silly enough to make any rash decisions. “I don’t like losing really good players and he is a really, really good player. “I was hoping one day that he might score as many goals as I had and that would have been really nice if it was at our club. I’m still thinking that way.” Moyes has confirmed skipper Nemanja Vidic will face Crewe in a pre-season friendly at Gresty Road this evening. Yet Moyes has reminded worried United fans that their team are defending Premier League champions. And with the club slapping a ‘not for sale’ sign around Wayne Rooney, other than the retired Paul Scholes, Moyes has all the players responsible for that triumph available to him. “The squad Manchester United has, without any additions, will be tough opponents for any team this year,” he said. “That is the squad that finished 11 points clear in the Premier League. I am confident in that squad.” Speaking ahead of the final tour game against local Hong Kong outfit Kitchee FC, Moyes is relishing the campaign that lies ahead. Yet talk continues to be dominated by the pursuit of Fabregas and Rooney’s status at United. More may become clear with the Fabregas situation when he returns to training with Barcelona amid speculation he will restate his desire to remain at the Nou Camp. There have been no such assurances from Rooney, who is said to be wary of the influence Sir Alex Ferguson still has at Old Trafford and the Scot’s negative opinion of him. Press Associationlast_img read more

American midfielder Weston McKennie joins Juventus on loan

first_imgROME: Midfielder Weston McKennie became the first American player in Juventus history as the starlet has completed his loan move from Schalke 04 on a 4.5 million euros (about $5.36 million) fee, the defending champions of Serie A confirmed on Saturday.According to Juventus, they have signed with him on a one-year deal with an option to buy, and the buy-out clause will become obligatory under certain conditions, reports Xinhua news agency. The Italian media outlets reported that if McKennie plays 60 percent of the competitive games in the 2020-21 season, Juventus will make the move permanent. “In both cases, the agreed consideration for the definitive acquisition is 18.5 million euros, payable in three years, which might be increased up to a maximum of 7 million euros upon achievement of further sportive performance objectives over the duration of the employment contract with the player,” read a statement from Juventus. Having come through the youth ranks of FC Dallas, McKennie joined Schalke 04 in 2016 and made his debut in Bundesliga in May 2017. In the same year, the midfielder received his first call-up to the US National Soccer Team and had a dream debut for the Stars and Stripes, opening the scoring in their friendly match away to Portugal. IANS Also Watch: Abhijeet Sharma,APW President addressing a Press Meet at Gauhati Press Club.last_img read more

Other Sports Amit Dhankar settles for silver, Rahul Aware secures bronze in Asian Wrestling Championship

first_img Xian: Amit Dhankar clinched a silver while Commonwealth Games champion Rahul Aware won a bronze as Indian men’s freestyle wrestlers continued their impressive performance at the Asian Wrestling Championships in Xian, China on Wednesday. Amit, who won gold in 66kg in the 2013 edition, settled for a silver in the men’s 74kg freestyle event after losing to Daniyar Kaisanov of Kazakhstan 0-5 in the final. The 28-year-old Haryana wrestler began with a narrow 2-1 win in the qualification round against Mohammad Ashghar Nokhodilarimi of Iran and then hardly broke a sweat in the quarterfinals as his opponent — Japan’s Yuhi Fujinami — was injured during the bout. In the semifinals, Amit outplayed Ilgiz Dzhakypbekov of Kyrgyzstan in a 5-0 victory.     Aware, who won a 57kg gold at the CWG in Gold Coast , produced a dominant display to beat Jincheol Kim of Korea 9-2 in the men’s 61kg freestyle bronze medal play-off.RELATED     After beating Jahongirmirza Turobov of Uzbekistan via Victory by Technical Superiority (10-0) in the qualification round, the 27-year-old Indian lost to Behnam Eshagh Ehsanpoor of Iran in the quarterfinals in a Victory by Fall verdict.     But since Ehsanpoor reached the final, Aware was up against Siripong Jumpakam of Thailand in the repechage round which he won 12-1 in in a Victory by Technical Superiority.     With the silver and the bronze, India’s medal tally swell to 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze. Bajrang Punia (65kg) had won a gold on Tuesday while Parveen Rana (79kg) and Satywart Kadian (97kg) had clinched a silver and a bronze respectively. India’s tally swelled to one gold, two silver and two bronze.Bajrang Punia had won the gold in the 65kg category.Rahul Aware had won gold in the 2018 Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast. highlightscenter_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Cricket News Yuvraj Singh formally writes to BCCI seeking nod for participation in overseas T20 leagues

first_imgNew Delhi: Newly retired Yuvraj Singh has formally written to the BCCI seeking the board’s permission to play in T20 leagues around the world. Yuvraj called time on his glorious international career last week and expressed his desire to play overseas leagues for “fun”. “He wrote to the board yesterday. I don’t see an issue in him getting the nod to play in overseas leagues now that he has retired from international cricket and IPL,” a BCCI source told PTI on Tuesday. The BCCI has barred active players from taking part in overseas T20 leagues and that is one of the reasons, Yuvraj considered retirement to make himself available for competitions around the world.Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan, who had retired from international cricket, were allowed to be part of the T10 League in the UAE.Last month, Irfan Pathan became the first Indian player to be included in the Caribbean Premier League draft though he remains an active first-class player and did not take prior permission from the BCCI.The BCCI had also withdrawn his brother Yusuf’s NOC for participation in a Hong Kong T20 tournament two years ago.Last week, Yuvraj had said that he was looking forward to play in foreign T20 leagues.“I want to play T20 cricket. At this age I can manage to play some kind of fun cricket. I want to go and enjoy my life. It’s been too stressful just thinking about my international career, performing and big tournaments like the IPL,” said the 37-year-old.  For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Cricket News Mohammad Amir likes tweet on Pakistan being called terrorist country, clarifies

first_imgAmir is apparently planning to obtain a British passport and settle in the United Kingdom, according to a well-informed source. Amir, who is married to a British national Nargis Malik on September 2016, is planning a spouse visa which allows him to stay in the United Kingdom for two and a half years. Although Amir spent some time in a juvenile facility due to his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal during the Lord’s Test of 2010, the left-arm pacer will have no problem in obtaining the spouse visa.”He is clearly planning to obtain a British passport and permanently settle down in England in future. With a spouse visa, he can work freely and enjoy other benefits as a permanent resident of the UK which is why he is planning to also purchase a house in England. He travels to England regularly and also plays county cricket since last year. So, there are no hurdles for him now,” a Pakistan Cricket Board source said. New Delhi: Mohammad Amir had stunned the cricketing world when he announced his retirement from Test cricket at the age of 27. However, Amir was involved in a fresh controversy recently and it involved social media. On Twitter, veteran Pakistan journalist Saj Sadiq had said he did not understand the big deal been made about Amir applying for a British passport as he is entitled to do so. However, one user said ‘(Amir) should leave the terrorist country’. Amir, who has been retweeting about cricketers talking about their times with him, apparently liked the tweet which created a major storm about Amir wanting to apply for British citizenship. However, Amir clarified when he said, “No sir by mistake I liked that tweet I was trying to like other tweet AND PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI.”Amir, who finished ICC World Cup 2019 being the highest wicket-taker for his side has announced retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect. Mohammad Amir made his Test debut as a 17-year-old in Sri Lanka in 2009, and after some hurdles in his International career, he finally calls it a day in the longest format. He walks away from the format after having picked 119 wickets in the 36 games he has played. Interestingly, Amir will continue to feature in the shorter format of the game.In a statement, Amir said, “It has been an honour to represent Pakistan in the pinnacle and traditional format of the game. I, however, have decided to move away from the longer version so I can concentrate on white-ball cricket. Playing for Pakistan remains my ultimate desire and objective, and I will try my best to be in the best physical shape to contribute in the team’s upcoming challenges, including next year’s ICC T20 World Cup,” he added. Mohammad Amir has given a clarification on his tweet which he mistakingly liked. (Image credit: Twitter)Amir played 22 of his 36 Tests since comeback in 2016, picking up 68 wickets and achieving his career-best figures of 6 for 44 against West Indies in Jamaica. Amir decided against extending this run with a view on the upcoming Test championship and the need to clear the deck for other up and coming pacers. Mohammad Amir retired from cricket at the age of 27.The next World T20 will be played in Australia in 2020.Amir was banned for five years for the 2010 spot-fixing scandal. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Lions, Buckeyes battle for first place Saturday

first_imgLast Saturday in the Big Ten, Penn State and Ohio State lit up the scoreboards on the road, Minnesota and Northwestern chartered unfamiliar territory as they ascended into the Top 25, and Wisconsin and Michigan got blown out at home.The Nittany Lions went into the Big House and ran away with the game by scoring 39 unanswered points, 32 of which came in the second half. PSU running back Evan Royster provided much of the offense as he racked up 174 yards and a touchdown, while quarterback Daryll Clark added two rushing touchdowns of his own. No. 3 Penn State looks to bring its potent rushing attack into its primetime matchup against No. 9 Ohio State Saturday night in Columbus in a game that has both Rose Bowl and BCS Championship implications.Before Ohio State could prepare for its battle with Penn State, the Buckeyes had to be sure to take care of business in East Lansing against No. 20 Michigan State. Terrelle Pryor had another efficient day, missing on only four passes while rushing for a touchdown, as the Ohio State defense put the game away in the second half, scoring on two fumble recoveries to blast Michigan State, 45-7.The winner of this much-anticipated showdown will take an outright lead in the conference standings at the halfway point in the Big Ten season. Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema, who has seen firsthand the abilities of both Terrelle Pryor and Daryll Clark, commented on their abilities to execute in big games at Camp Randall Stadium.“They are both very quality playmakers, and they’re guys that do well under pressure,” Bielema said. “Pryor was able to execute the winning drive against us. Clark was able to execute throughout the first, second and third quarters.”Penn State coach Joe Paterno also sees similarities between the two star quarterbacks.“They are both the same kind of kid,” Paterno said. “They can run, they can throw, and they are really good leaders who play with a lot of poise. As far as their impact on the game, what they can do, and what kind of plays they can make, they are very similar.”Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald, whose team is making its first appearance in the Top 25 since 2005, credits his team’s early season success to his players’ willingness to come ready to play everyday.“So far our success this year has come from our ability to prepare,” Fitzgerald said. “The guys have done a nice job coming (ready to practice) right away in the morning.”Northwestern heads to Indiana this week with hopes of improving to 7-1 overall and 3-1 in the Big Ten.Fitzgerald, who endured a rough rookie season coaching the Wildcats in 2006 after the unexpected death of the late Randy Walker, spoke with Bielema about how to recover from early season struggles. “Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you need to make lemonade,” Fitzgerald said. “We’re the young coaches on the block, and I just encouraged him to keep battling, and I’m sure they’ll right the course”.Illinois coach Ron Zook, whose team is coming off a 55-13 beat down of Indiana, is now trying to prepare his team for a tough Big Ten road game at Camp Randall Stadium.“It will be as physical a game as we have played all year,” Zook said. “They run the football well and are a physical bunch who can control the football. Defensively, they have had a few of the same problems we have had in giving up a few big plays, but they are a solid group who knows how to play the game.“They are as good as anybody we will play all year.”last_img read more