Tag Archives: 上海夜网AS

Asian developer buys mansion in up and coming suburb prior to auction

first_img6 Idris Court, Calamvale.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor2 hours agoThe property is on a 1412sq m subdividable allotment (subject to council approval).Mr Zhang said the buyer would create two new lots.“It’s really hard to find this sort of block,” he said. Check out the inside of 6 Idris Court, Calamvale.Mr Zhang would not disclose the sale price however said it was a million-dollar sale.“More and more houses in Calamvale are selling for over a million dollars. This suburb was once affordable but is becoming more expensive,” he said.“High prices push people out of the area with these sorts of sales.”The auction of the property was scheduled for Saturday. Follow Reshni Ratnam via Twitter 6 Idris Court, Calamvale.A 14-bedder in one of Brisbane’s up and coming million-dollar suburbs has been snapped up by an Asian developer prior to auction. FREE: Get the latest real estate news direct to your inbox here The mansion at 6 Idris Court, Calamvale.The property at 6 Idris Court, Calamvale went under contract last night, after being on the market for a month.Yong Real Estate – Sunnybank Hills selling agent Tom Zhang said the local developer was looking to redevelop the land, split the block and give the original home a facelift.center_img The spacious lounge area at 6 Idris Court, Calamvale. The kitchen area at 6 Idris Court, Calamvale.last_img read more

Study claims family dinners are elitist, put unnecessary pressure on mothers

first_imgCampus Reform 9 September 2014A study published by professors at North Carolina State University claims that pressure put on mothers to cook nightly meals is elitist and stressful for working class families.Published in late August, “The Joy of Cooking” reports the authors’ findings after interviewing 150 mothers from diverse ethnic backgrounds over the past year-and-a-half. The professors also spent time shadowing 12 working-class and poor families.According to the study, the heightened pressure from influential figures like Michael Pollan and Michelle Obama for families to sit down to healthier, home cooked meals on a nightly basis has become a source of stress for American mothers. The study refers to the message that “good mothers” cook for their families as “unrealistic.”Authors Sarah Bowen, Sinikka Elliott, and Joslyn Bretton (a professor at Ithaca College) relay a number of anecdotes culled from their body of research. Interviewed women cited time, money, and picky children as obstacles.“Romantic depictions of cooking assume that everyone has a home, that family members are home eating at the same time, and that kitchens and dining spaces are equipped and safe,” the authors write. “This is not necessarily the case for the families we met.”http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5894last_img read more

Samson Siasia Appeals to CAS over His Life Ban By…

first_imgPresident of AIPS Africa, Mitchell Obi confirmed last night that it “it is a fight to finish for a man who loves to attack both as a celebrated player of the Eagles and a coach.“We can only pray that Samson’s appeal hit the right cords and he finally gets the fair hearing which never was particularly in a case for which he is being punished simply on ‘motivated decision.“Will this appeal give Samson the real strength he needs to beat the Delilah called FIFA Ethics Committee. All eyes are on CAS”, remarked Obi last night.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Former Super Eagles coach and Olympic medallist Samson Siasia has appealed the life ban slammed on him last month by FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Switzerland.Siasia who is battling to free his mother from kidnappers who are demanding a ransome fee of N50 million was banned for life by FIFA for his complicity in a match fixing scandal he was not given a fair hearing to defend the weighty allegations against him.The former Nigerian coach has submitted his statement of appeal to CAS and is asking the court to stop the FIFA decision until his appeal is heard.last_img read more