PA Physician General Dr. Rachel Levine Convenes “It’s On Us PA” Campus Sexual Assault Prevention Roundtable at the University of Pittsburgh It’s On Us PA Harrisburg, PA – Pennsylvania Physician General Dr. Rachel Levine today convened an “It’s On Us PA” roundtable discussion at the University of Pittsburgh to solicit feedback from education and community stakeholders on the role of administrators, students, community members and policymakers in combating sexual violence in schools and on college campuses.Last month Governor Wolf announced “It’s On Us PA” – the first statewide campaign to address sexual assault in schools and on campuses. Building on the national “It’s On Us” movement launched by President Obama and Vice President Biden in 2014, “It’s On Us PA” engages education leaders as well as students, teachers, families, and communities to make a personal and public pledge to play a role in preventing and responding effectively to sexual violence. Since the launch less than a month ago, over 200 people – including representation from over 100 schools across the commonwealth – have taken the pledge and signed on to the campaign.“It is on all of us to ensure that Pennsylvania’s students receive a quality education without having to worry about the threat of sexual assault in our schools and on our college campuses,” said Dr. Levine. “Governor Wolf is committed to created schools that teach – and ensuring that those schools also provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students from kindergarten through college. Sexual assault should never be part of any student’s education experience – and I am proud to join Governor Wolf and the over 200 Pennsylvanians that have already taken the “It’s On Us PA” pledge.”Dr. Levine was joined at the event by State Senator Jay Costa, State Representative Dan Frankel, as well as representatives from the PA Department of Education, PA Commission for Women, PA Action Against Rape, Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education, Duquesne University, University of Pittsburgh, California University of PA, Indiana University of PA, Community College of Allegheny County, Carlow University, Chatham University, South Allegheny School District, Avonworth School District, Bethel Park School District, Allegheny Intermediate Unit, Woodland Hills School District, Baldwin-Whitehall School District, Northgate School District and South Fayette Township School District.“We all share in the responsibility to keep students safe and prevent sexual assaults on college campuses,” said Senator Costa. “I’m proud to be part of the “It’s On Us” campaign and see it as an opportunity to further open lines of communication and build bridges between our students and the community. While these discussions won’t be easy, they couldn’t be more important.”“I’m proud to join Physician General Levine for this important roundtable discussion in the heart of my legislative district,” said Representative Frankel. “President Obama and Governor Wolf have shown great leadership in working to combat the epidemic of campus sexual assaults and I believe the “It’s On Us PA” campaign is going to make a real difference in the lives and safety of our students across the Commonwealth.”Today’s event is an important step in a year of action, in which the Wolf Administration is working with community leaders and stakeholders from across the commonwealth to develop state-level policy recommendations to address the pressing issue of sexual assault in our schools and postsecondary institutions.# # #Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf February 22, 2016 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Forum Energy Technologies’ subsidiaries have entered into a definitive agreement to sell their 40% interest in subsea rentals company Ashtead Technology. The buyers of Forum’s interest are Buckthorn Partners and other investors that currently own the majority of the equity interests in Ashtead.Total consideration for Forum’s interest and the settlement of a Forum GBP 3 million loan to Ashtead will be $47.8 million.Forum will receive approximately $39 million in cash proceeds at close and a new approximately GBP 7 million loan with a three year maturity.Cris Gaut, Forum’s chairman and CEO, SAID: “The significant proceeds from this transaction will be used to further reduce debt, accelerating Forum’s debt reduction strategy. Over the last three quarters, Forum’s strong free cash flow generation has allowed us to reduce our net debt by approximately $54 million, and we expect this momentum to continue in the second half of 2019.”Forum became an investor in 2018 when it contributed its Forum Subsea Rentals products in exchange for a 40% equity interest in Ashtead.The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter.
Amir is apparently planning to obtain a British passport and settle in the United Kingdom, according to a well-informed source. Amir, who is married to a British national Nargis Malik on September 2016, is planning a spouse visa which allows him to stay in the United Kingdom for two and a half years. Although Amir spent some time in a juvenile facility due to his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal during the Lord’s Test of 2010, the left-arm pacer will have no problem in obtaining the spouse visa.”He is clearly planning to obtain a British passport and permanently settle down in England in future. With a spouse visa, he can work freely and enjoy other benefits as a permanent resident of the UK which is why he is planning to also purchase a house in England. He travels to England regularly and also plays county cricket since last year. So, there are no hurdles for him now,” a Pakistan Cricket Board source said. New Delhi: Mohammad Amir had stunned the cricketing world when he announced his retirement from Test cricket at the age of 27. However, Amir was involved in a fresh controversy recently and it involved social media. On Twitter, veteran Pakistan journalist Saj Sadiq had said he did not understand the big deal been made about Amir applying for a British passport as he is entitled to do so. However, one user said ‘(Amir) should leave the terrorist country’. Amir, who has been retweeting about cricketers talking about their times with him, apparently liked the tweet which created a major storm about Amir wanting to apply for British citizenship. However, Amir clarified when he said, “No sir by mistake I liked that tweet I was trying to like other tweet AND PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI.”Amir, who finished ICC World Cup 2019 being the highest wicket-taker for his side has announced retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect. Mohammad Amir made his Test debut as a 17-year-old in Sri Lanka in 2009, and after some hurdles in his International career, he finally calls it a day in the longest format. He walks away from the format after having picked 119 wickets in the 36 games he has played. Interestingly, Amir will continue to feature in the shorter format of the game.In a statement, Amir said, “It has been an honour to represent Pakistan in the pinnacle and traditional format of the game. I, however, have decided to move away from the longer version so I can concentrate on white-ball cricket. Playing for Pakistan remains my ultimate desire and objective, and I will try my best to be in the best physical shape to contribute in the team’s upcoming challenges, including next year’s ICC T20 World Cup,” he added. Mohammad Amir has given a clarification on his tweet which he mistakingly liked. (Image credit: Twitter)Amir played 22 of his 36 Tests since comeback in 2016, picking up 68 wickets and achieving his career-best figures of 6 for 44 against West Indies in Jamaica. Amir decided against extending this run with a view on the upcoming Test championship and the need to clear the deck for other up and coming pacers. Mohammad Amir retired from cricket at the age of 27.The next World T20 will be played in Australia in 2020.Amir was banned for five years for the 2010 spot-fixing scandal. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.