Tag Archives: 杭州男人都懂的地方

Japan’s Kamegai faces Cotto in first world title bout

first_imgPagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend LATEST STORIES LOOK: Vhong Navarro’s romantic posts spark speculations he’s marrying longtime GF Yoshihiro Kamegai of Japan v Jesus Soto-Karass of Mexico during the junior middleweights bout at The Forum on September 10, 2016 in Inglewood, California. Josh Lefkowitz/Getty Images/AFPJapanese boxer Yoshihiro Kamegai has the chance to grab the world junior middleweight title left behind by Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, but blocking his path is former world champion Miguel Cotto.Promoters announced Wednesday that Kamegai will face Cotto on August 26 at Los Angeles for the vacant World Boxing Organization junior middleweight crown.ADVERTISEMENT Lakers win 9th straight, hold off Pelicans More than 5,000 measles deaths in DR Congo this year — WHO Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students PLAY LIST 01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next South Korea to suspend 25% of coal plants to fight pollutioncenter_img Mexican star Alvarez, who defeated Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr earlier this month, dropped the 154-pound title as he moves up to the middleweight ranks for a megafight on September 16 against unbeaten Gennady Golovkin for the Kazak star’s three world titles.Vying to replace Alvarez at 154 pounds are Kamegai, in his first world title bout at age 34, and 36-year-old Puerto Rican Cotto, whose first world championship bout was in 2004.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting“I’m very excited to be back and showcase a high level fight for the fans,” Cotto said. “Kamegai is a great, tough fighter, but I will be ready for him and to capture the world title. I can’t wait to start training for this fight and get back in the ring.” MOST READ ‘Coming Home For Christmas’ is the holiday movie you’ve been waiting for, here’s why SEA Games: PH beats Indonesia, enters gold medal round in polo Tigresses lead BVR tournament Ilocos leg champs Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games Cotto, 40-5 with 33 knockouts, has owned world titles at super lightweight, welterweight, super welterweight/junior middleweight and middleweight — the only Puerto Rican fighter to claim crowns in four different weight classes.“I fully understand who I’m going to be in the ring against, but Cotto’s record and history won’t matter once we are toe-to-toe,” Kamegai said. “I am looking forward to giving fans the kind of aggressive fight that they have seen from me before and having my arm raised in victory.”Kamegai, 27-3 with two drawn and 24 knockouts, is 3-2 with one drawn in his past six fights over the past three years, having stopped Mexico’s Jesus Soto Karass last September in his most recent bout.Cotto is 3-3 over the past five years, including a super welterweight title loss to Floyd Mayweather in 2012. His most recent bout was an unanimous decision loss to Alvarez in November 2015.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

FC Pune City to get a new coach for ISL?

first_imgIndian Super League ISL 2017: Antonio Habas’ FC Pune City stint set to end prematurely? Last updated 2 years ago 06:45 8/30/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Antonio Habas Kerala Blasters FC FC Pune City ISL season 3 2016 ISL Indian Super League Pune City The Rajesh Wadhawan co-owned franchise are expected to end their association with coach Antonio Habas ahead of the new season.. In a surprising turn of events, FC Pune City are expected to part ways with their head coach Antonio Habas ahead of the Indian Super League (ISL) season which begins in November, Goal can confirm.The team management were allegedly forced to consider such a move after differences arose between the Spanish coach and the officials regarding a variety of issues. When Goal contacted the Spanish coach, he opted not to divulge the details behind the development while FC Pune City CEO Gaurav Modwel refused to comment on the matter at all.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! ‘I’m getting better’ – Can Man Utd flop Fred save his Old Trafford career? Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina FC Pune City have invested heavily in their squad this season, bringing in the likes of 2016 ISL Golden Boot winner Marcelinho, Uruguayan striker Emiliano Alfaro and former Delhi Dynamos midfielder Marcos Tebar. Antonio Habas Mumbai City FC FC Pune City ISL season 3 2016But following the disagreements over Antonio Habas’ demands, the team have opted to change their plans at short notice and are expected to find another coach in a very short time. The 60-year-old coach, who led ATK to the title in the inaugural Indian Super League season in 2014, took charge FC Pune City in 2016 when he couldn’t lead the team to the semifinals. However, it seemed as if the Stallions were gunning for at least a top-four finish, going by their recruitments this season but have seen a spanner thrown in the works with this development. Pointedly, FC Pune City’s last few press releases on new player recruitments have not included any comments from Antonio Habas while their earlier press releases did have quotes from the Spanish coach. In fact, the last few statements from the club have no mention of the coach at all.last_img read more

Colombians say alleged Nova Scotia killer was a drug cartel kingpin

first_imgA Halifax-area man accused of murder was allegedly one of the kingpins of a Colombian drug cartel before he was arrested on a Venezuelan beach and extradited back to Canada, officials in South America say.The Office of the Attorney General of Colombia said in a press release Wednesday that Steven Douglas Skinner, a former MMA fighter awaiting trial on second-degree murder, organized a drug trafficking network called Morfhox with Daniel “El Loco” Barrera.The attorney general said along with his accomplice — who he allegedly later killed before fleeing to neighbouring Venezuela — Skinner recruited drug mules to smuggle cocaine to Canada, the United States and EuropeThe alleged narcos targeted seniors, mothers and Venezuelans to illegally transport drugs by swallowing latex capsules filled with liquid cocaine.They bought the drug mules passports, airline tickets and clothing as well as paid for expenses abroad, promising a bonus payment when they returned to Colombia, the attorney general said.Skinner was arrested by Venezuelan law enforcement on Margarita Island in 2016, and was extradited to Canada the following year to face second-degree murder charges in the death of Stacey Adams in Nova Scotia.A photo released by Venezuelan authorities after his arrest showed the one-time fugitive in colourful swim trunks, with tattoos on both arms and his bare chest covered in sand.Skinner, who fought as a light-heavyweight at 205 pounds, had a 3-2 professional record, according to mixed martial arts website Sherdog.com.Police had issued an international warrant for Skinner’s arrest shortly after Adams was found dead in Lake Echo in April 2011.The RCMP worked with Venezuelan authorities for more than a year before Skinner was arrested.Colombian officials said the four-year investigation into the liquid cocaine smuggling cartel led to 27 arrests, including eight people responsible for the cartel’s logistics, and the confiscation of 46 properties, 12 vehicles and four commercial establishments.The bust also yielded cash, firearms, ammunition and several emeralds, the prosecutor’s office said.last_img read more

Edie Falco To Host Performance For The Animals

first_imgEmmy-Winning Actress Edie Falco and WNBC News Anchor Pat Battle will host the second annual “Performance for the Animals” to benefit Animal Haven on Thursday, June 7 at City Winery in New York.The fundraiser and auction will feature an exclusive performance by singer/songwriter Matt White and celebrate a benchmark of 10,000 adoptions facilitated by the SoHo-based shelter since opening in 1967.Animal Haven is a nonprofit organization that finds homes for abandoned cats and dogs throughout the Tri-State area, and provides behavior intervention when needed to improve chances of adoption.Copyright ©2012Look to the Starslast_img