Tag Archives: 歌曲《夜上海》

Japan’s Kamegai faces Cotto in first world title bout

first_imgPagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend LATEST STORIES LOOK: Vhong Navarro’s romantic posts spark speculations he’s marrying longtime GF Yoshihiro Kamegai of Japan v Jesus Soto-Karass of Mexico during the junior middleweights bout at The Forum on September 10, 2016 in Inglewood, California. Josh Lefkowitz/Getty Images/AFPJapanese boxer Yoshihiro Kamegai has the chance to grab the world junior middleweight title left behind by Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, but blocking his path is former world champion Miguel Cotto.Promoters announced Wednesday that Kamegai will face Cotto on August 26 at Los Angeles for the vacant World Boxing Organization junior middleweight crown.ADVERTISEMENT Lakers win 9th straight, hold off Pelicans More than 5,000 measles deaths in DR Congo this year — WHO Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students PLAY LIST 01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next South Korea to suspend 25% of coal plants to fight pollutioncenter_img Mexican star Alvarez, who defeated Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr earlier this month, dropped the 154-pound title as he moves up to the middleweight ranks for a megafight on September 16 against unbeaten Gennady Golovkin for the Kazak star’s three world titles.Vying to replace Alvarez at 154 pounds are Kamegai, in his first world title bout at age 34, and 36-year-old Puerto Rican Cotto, whose first world championship bout was in 2004.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting“I’m very excited to be back and showcase a high level fight for the fans,” Cotto said. “Kamegai is a great, tough fighter, but I will be ready for him and to capture the world title. I can’t wait to start training for this fight and get back in the ring.” MOST READ ‘Coming Home For Christmas’ is the holiday movie you’ve been waiting for, here’s why SEA Games: PH beats Indonesia, enters gold medal round in polo Tigresses lead BVR tournament Ilocos leg champs Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games Cotto, 40-5 with 33 knockouts, has owned world titles at super lightweight, welterweight, super welterweight/junior middleweight and middleweight — the only Puerto Rican fighter to claim crowns in four different weight classes.“I fully understand who I’m going to be in the ring against, but Cotto’s record and history won’t matter once we are toe-to-toe,” Kamegai said. “I am looking forward to giving fans the kind of aggressive fight that they have seen from me before and having my arm raised in victory.”Kamegai, 27-3 with two drawn and 24 knockouts, is 3-2 with one drawn in his past six fights over the past three years, having stopped Mexico’s Jesus Soto Karass last September in his most recent bout.Cotto is 3-3 over the past five years, including a super welterweight title loss to Floyd Mayweather in 2012. His most recent bout was an unanimous decision loss to Alvarez in November 2015.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

UEFA will ‘fight’ for Europe’s right to host 2030 World Cup

first_imgPagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR From the 2018-19 season, though, the major European leagues will gain more guaranteed Champions League group stage places. England, Spain, Italy and Germany will receive four spots each.But Ceferin said UEFA is working to ensure cash from the competition is distributed more equitably across Europe.“We will discuss about distribution,” said the Slovenian, who succeeded Michel Platini as head of European soccer last year. “It’s a goal to do it, because if we don’t do it then we cannot develop football in every single country in Europe, and that’s our task. So we are working on it every single day. It’s one of the priorities.”AwardsUEFA is going to start honoring the top retired players who have played in Europe in a hall of fame.“We will spend the next few months creating all the criteria and we’re sure that many players who played in Europe and finished their fantastic careers deserve a place in the hall of fame,” Ceferin said.Ceferin also announced that the UEFA president’s award this year is going to Francesco Totti to recognize his 25-season career with Roma.“He leaves a unique legacy and it is one that should be cherished,” Ceferin said.Video TechnologyUEFA has no plans to introduce video replays in the Champions League next season. The governing body is awaiting the outcome of FIFA’s trials with the technology, including at the Confederations Cup in Russia later this month. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ The 2030 tournament is unlikely to be awarded for at least five years, with FIFA’s decision on the 2026 edition expected to come next year, with confirmation of the United States-Canada-Mexico proposal.Ceferin was speaking after a meeting of UEFA’s executive committee in Cardiff where the Champions League is being played on Saturday between Juventus and Real Madrid. Here are some other talking points:Champions League GulfCeferin is concerned that the financial disparities in Europe see the same teams reaching the closing stages of the Champions League every season. Real Madrid was in the 2014 and 2016 finals, and emerged victorious on both occasions, while Juventus contested the 2015 final.“It’s not easy to qualify for small clubs, but it is still possible,” Ceferin said. “We all know the gap is wider and wider and we are working on it with Financial Fair Play. But it’s far from a closed league, far from only an elite competition.”ADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin speaks during the press conference at a hotel in Cardiff, Wales Thursday June 1, 2017. The Welsh capital will host the women’s and men’s Champions League finals in the next 3 days. APCARDIFF, Wales — Europe is challenging China’s pursuit of the 2030 World Cup, with UEFA announcing Thursday (Friday Manila time) that it deserves to host the tournament.The 2018 tournament is being staged in Russia, but the next two editions are away from Europe as Qatar is the 2022 host and North America is likely to be awarded the 2026 event.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds Breaking rackets along the way, Kyrgios exits French Open View comments Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games “It is Europe’s turn in 2030, clearly,” UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin said Thursday. “So we will fight for a European host.”UEFA’s aspirations will face a serious challenge from China, where President Xi Jinping has made it a priority to increase the country’s influence in global soccer. Three of the World Cup sponsors to sign up in the last two years are from China, with smartphone and software maker Vivo the latest on Wednesday.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutChina is eager to mount a bid to host the World Cup for the first time despite current rules effectively blocking another Asian bid before the 2034 edition.A more sentimental bid is likely to come from South America. Uruguay, which staged the first World Cup in 1930, is keen on celebrating the centenary of the soccer showpiece by co-hosting with Argentina.last_img read more