Tag Archives: 龙凤上海shlf1419

UEFA will ‘fight’ for Europe’s right to host 2030 World Cup

first_imgPagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR From the 2018-19 season, though, the major European leagues will gain more guaranteed Champions League group stage places. England, Spain, Italy and Germany will receive four spots each.But Ceferin said UEFA is working to ensure cash from the competition is distributed more equitably across Europe.“We will discuss about distribution,” said the Slovenian, who succeeded Michel Platini as head of European soccer last year. “It’s a goal to do it, because if we don’t do it then we cannot develop football in every single country in Europe, and that’s our task. So we are working on it every single day. It’s one of the priorities.”AwardsUEFA is going to start honoring the top retired players who have played in Europe in a hall of fame.“We will spend the next few months creating all the criteria and we’re sure that many players who played in Europe and finished their fantastic careers deserve a place in the hall of fame,” Ceferin said.Ceferin also announced that the UEFA president’s award this year is going to Francesco Totti to recognize his 25-season career with Roma.“He leaves a unique legacy and it is one that should be cherished,” Ceferin said.Video TechnologyUEFA has no plans to introduce video replays in the Champions League next season. The governing body is awaiting the outcome of FIFA’s trials with the technology, including at the Confederations Cup in Russia later this month. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ The 2030 tournament is unlikely to be awarded for at least five years, with FIFA’s decision on the 2026 edition expected to come next year, with confirmation of the United States-Canada-Mexico proposal.Ceferin was speaking after a meeting of UEFA’s executive committee in Cardiff where the Champions League is being played on Saturday between Juventus and Real Madrid. Here are some other talking points:Champions League GulfCeferin is concerned that the financial disparities in Europe see the same teams reaching the closing stages of the Champions League every season. Real Madrid was in the 2014 and 2016 finals, and emerged victorious on both occasions, while Juventus contested the 2015 final.“It’s not easy to qualify for small clubs, but it is still possible,” Ceferin said. “We all know the gap is wider and wider and we are working on it with Financial Fair Play. But it’s far from a closed league, far from only an elite competition.”ADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin speaks during the press conference at a hotel in Cardiff, Wales Thursday June 1, 2017. The Welsh capital will host the women’s and men’s Champions League finals in the next 3 days. APCARDIFF, Wales — Europe is challenging China’s pursuit of the 2030 World Cup, with UEFA announcing Thursday (Friday Manila time) that it deserves to host the tournament.The 2018 tournament is being staged in Russia, but the next two editions are away from Europe as Qatar is the 2022 host and North America is likely to be awarded the 2026 event.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds Breaking rackets along the way, Kyrgios exits French Open View comments Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games “It is Europe’s turn in 2030, clearly,” UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin said Thursday. “So we will fight for a European host.”UEFA’s aspirations will face a serious challenge from China, where President Xi Jinping has made it a priority to increase the country’s influence in global soccer. Three of the World Cup sponsors to sign up in the last two years are from China, with smartphone and software maker Vivo the latest on Wednesday.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutChina is eager to mount a bid to host the World Cup for the first time despite current rules effectively blocking another Asian bid before the 2034 edition.A more sentimental bid is likely to come from South America. Uruguay, which staged the first World Cup in 1930, is keen on celebrating the centenary of the soccer showpiece by co-hosting with Argentina.last_img read more

Filing false case against free thinkers a AL characteristic Fakhrul

first_imgMirza Fakhrul Islam AlamgirBangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Saturday alleged that the government is using the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) completely for achieving its political purpose.“The daily Amar Desh newspaper has been shut down and its editor was taken to jail and tortured there. Now a false case has been filed against his wife Firoza Mahmud,” Mirza Fakhrul told a human-chain programme in the capital.The daily Amar Desh family organised the human-chain programme in front of the National Press Club in protest against the ACC’s ‘false’ case against Firoza Mahmud.“Filing false cases against free thinkers is the characteristic of the ruling Awami League. False case against Firoza Mahmud is a testimony to that. Not only so, cases are also being filed against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and her son Tarique Rahman’s mother-in-law.“Cases are being filed against all whereas some 7,500 cases filed against the AL men were withdrawn after the party came to power,” said the BNP leader.Mahmudur Rahman, the acting editor of now closed daily Amar Desh, alleged that the Bangladesh Awami League government wants to destroy Zia’s family and his family.“But, as long as I remain alive, I will continue my struggle in favour of the country’s independence and to establish Islamic values in the society. I will not be stopped by false cases or attacks on me,” said Mahmudur Rahman.He alleged that corruption has been all-pervasive in the country now. “The cost of Padma bridge has been increased further. Money is being taken out of people’s pockets. All know where this money goes.”last_img read more

Fresh DUCSU polls not possible DU VC

first_imgvice-chancellor AkhtaruzzamanDhaka University vice-chancellor Akhtaruzzaman on Wednesday said the demand of students to go for fresh polls to Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (DUCSU) is not possible as there is no rule to this end, reports UNB.”Students came to my office with their demand. I listened to it But it’s not possible to meet their demand as there’s no rule or system in university regulations for fresh polls,” he said.The DU vice-chancellor was responding to queries from reporters in front of his office.On the election day, instant actions were taken in case of any irregularity, he said referring to the Kuwait Maitree Hall incident where stamped ballot papers were recovered before the voting started on 11 March.Earlier in the day, newly elected DUCSU vice president Nurul Haq Nur demanded fresh election by 31 March.Besides, members of various panels, who boycotted Monday’s DUCSU elections, have given the authorities three days to announce fresh polls schedule and submitted a memorandum to the VC office in this regard.last_img read more

Gritters out in force in anticipation of White Christmas as snow predicted

first_imgGet the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailThe ‘white Christmas’ we’ve been dreaming of could be coming early as weather forecasters predict snow for the region tomorrow morning. Earlier today the Met Office issued a Yellow weather warning for ice between 5pm tonight at 10am tomorrow. We haven’t seen any snowfall here in Stoke-on-Trent yet, but that hasn’t stopped people getting excited – and council gritters coming out in force – ready for the anticipated snowfall tomorrow. Read MoreStoke-on-Trent kebab shops given a food hygiene rating in the last six months The latest forecast for North Staffordshire tonight, courtesy of the Met Office, said: “Some wintry showers will move in from the northwest. Under the clear skies a widespread frost will develop, with icy patches forming where any showers have fallen.” Forecasters predict temperatures will reach a minimum of -3 °C, so you’ll want to cuddle that hot water bottle extra tight tonight. Speaking about the weather on Saturday, a Met Office statement said: “It will be cold, bright and breezy with some showers, mainly in the north and east. These will fall as sleet or snow on high ground, but mainly as rain at lower levels. The maximum temperature will be 7 °C.” The first snowfall in our region is likely to hit Flash, which is the highest village in the Peak District. Earlier this week there was also a Yellow weather warning for wind. So whatever happens, it’s going to clearly be pretty chilly. Drivers have also been warned to take extra care. Read MoreTraffic chaos across city as A500 Northbound reopens after almost 12 hours Staffordshire County Council’s cabinet support member for highways and transport Helen Fisher said: “We’re now experiencing a cold snap with the potential of some sleet or snow over the weekend so would urge people to take extra care on the roads. “While conditions shouldn’t be too treacherous, people need to be aware that they may be more difficult at times and particularly in the north of the county. “Our gritting teams will be heading out later this evening across the Staffordshire road network. We’d just like to remind people that even on gritted roads they should drive more slowly.” Read More29-year-old arrested after armed police called to city street Stoke-on-Trent City Council also confirmed its gritters would be out from 6pm this evening. A spokesman added: “Temperatures are dipping below zero in the early hours of tomorrow morning with ice potentially forming.”last_img read more

Long delays on M6 after camper van fire blows smoke across motorway

first_imgPunter found hiding in bushes Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailDrivers are being warned to expect long delays on the M6 as a camper van fire blows smoke across the motorway. Emergency services were called to the scene on the northbound carriageway between junction 14, for Stafford North, and 15, for Stoke-on-Trent, shortly before 2.45pm. Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they were attending the incident not far from junction 15. Traffic monitoring company Inrix reports all three lanes are being temporarily held as the fire service arrive at the scene. An Inrix spokesman said: “All traffic is being temporarily held and there is stationary traffic due to vehicle fire and smoke blowing across the road on M6 Northbound from J14 A34 (Stafford North) to J15 A500 D Road (Stoke-On-Trent). In the roadworks area. Read MorePolice name man arrested and charged with attempted rape of young girl   “All traffic was held at around 2.45pm. Currently we are unable to tell what type of vehicle is on fire, but the fire service is in attendence.” Highways England is also aware of the incident. Read MoreTop stories on StokeonTrentLive Police search for missing woman Dad slams ‘disgusting’ hospital windowcenter_img Driver named following fatal collision Follow StokeonTrentLive Download our app  – You can download our free app for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store , or get the Android version from Google Play .  Follow StokeonTrentLive on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like! Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow SOTLive on Twitter . Follow us on Instagram – Featuring pictures past and present from across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire & South Cheshire – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow StokeonTrentLive on Instagram .last_img read more